Policies of The Tucker Inn
To be honest, I don’t much like rules. My only hard and fast rule is that people can’t use the hot tub when there’s lightening. Other than that I only hope that we can share this space in harmony and well being.
However, we do have some policies so that our inn can appropriately serve our many guests:
- No smoking. Smoking is limited to the 'smoker's nook' an area at the front of our house with Adirondack chairs for comfort. For the comfort of future guests, please do not smoke anything anywhere inside the house or in areas other than the designated smoking area. If despite this gentle but firm plea a guest smokes in the room, the guest will be charged a $250 room restoration fee. We don’t want to charge you; please don’t do it.
- Deposits. We do ask for a 50% deposit at the time of reservation. If we receive 21 days notice, we will refund the deposit minus a 10% servicing fee. If we receive less than the required notice, we will refund the deposit provided we are able to re-rent the room for the entire period reserved. If we receive less than 7 days notice, the guest will be responsible for the entire charge for the reserved period.
- Payments. We accept cash and MasterCard, Visa, Discover and American Express.
- Pets. We do accept well-behaved pets. We do not accept pets for single night stays. There is a $20/day surcharge for pet visitors. We are unable to accept un-neutered male dogs. Our biggest problem with pets has been barking when the owners are absent. If we find that a pet is disrupting the peace of our other guests, we will have to ask the pet to be sheltered at the nearby animal resort. If you have a large dog, please call ahead so that we can be sure we can comfortably accommodate all canine and human guests.
- Minimum stays. We have an extremely short season here in Provincetown. In order to be viable as a business we have to seek minimum stays over peak periods and weekends. We do understand that minimum stays are problematic for many guests and try as hard as we can to be flexible while maintaining sufficient occupancy to be viable. We generally try to avoid Saturday only stays in the off-season and weekend-only stays in peak season. At peak times like Fourth of July, Carnival, Labor Day, we seek longer minimum stays. Always feel free to call or email us if our on-line system gives you a ‘minimum stay’ message. We want you to stay here.
- FAQs. I’m occasionally asked about clothing requirements for the hot tub and polices regarding smoking other than tobacco in the garden. With regard to the former, I always believe that my guests are adults and don’t need my guidance. As for the latter, it’s safer than alcohol and less addictive than tobacco …